DHL officially dead for DCBS (how is UPS doing?)

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Trev
Master Reviewer

DHL officially dead for DCBS (how is UPS doing?)

Post by Trev »

Got my first UPS tracking id from DCBS since DHL announced they are pulling out of the US market. Will be interesting to see what this means for when my shipments arrive. I tried them once and it seemed to take about a day longer with UPS than with DHL.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: DHL officially dead for DCBS

Post by JohnMayo »

Trev wrote:Got my first UPS tracking id from DCBS since DHL announced they are pulling out of the US market. Will be interesting to see what this means for when my shipments arrive. I tried them once and it seemed to take about a day longer with UPS than with DHL.
Yeah, same here. Hopefully UPS has managed to improve their infrastructure and will be able to get my comics to me on Mondays and not force me to wait until Tuesdays.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

I used DHL when I first signed up for DCBS, and my comics arrived Mondays. I switched to UPS, and now they come 3 days earlier, on Friday. I LOVE that. Hope UPS will keep up this great service for me!

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
Frank Castle
Master Reviewer

Post by Frank Castle »

I'll be getting my first UPS book from DCBS this month as well. Fingers crossed!!
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

I got my first notice from UPS today also.

Their estimated delivery date is next Monday. For 2 years, the DHL estimated delivery date has always been Tuesday, with my books arriving on Monday every now & again, but mostly on Tuesday.

If they live up to their estimate, then I'm thinking I'll be getting my books a day earlier from now on!
Saweez
Visitor

Post by Saweez »

I also noticed my UPS estimated delivary date from DCBS is a day earlier than DHL was.

That would make it a Thursday instead of Friday which would be very nice!
HassanT
Master Reviewer

Post by HassanT »

I wouldn't get too happy about the day earlier shipping. I moved to UPS last week for DCBS and the estimated delivery date was based on the day the DCBS fills out the UPS slip not when they expect to ship the box. Therefore I got one estimated delivery date on Tuesday and an updated delivery date on Wednesday.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

I've found I get my UPS delivery from DCBS on exactly the "estimated delivery date" - I've had nothing but perfection from them since I started getting DCBS from them. But from what I hear, a lot of it depends on where you live and the particular UPS office.

e
L nyny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
HipHopHead
Reviewer

Post by HipHopHead »

I did not have any problems with DHL, it is unfortunate they could not get a foothold in the industry.

On the plus, I personally know my UPS driver and he normally arranges his deliveries to my residence to my schedule. (When I say "personally", we are not friends, but from his many deliveries to my neighborhood)
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

My estimated date showed Friday on the UPS site, but no box today. I guess it'll be Monday. At least I hope for Monday -- that would maintain my old DHL schedule.
HawkeyeGuy
Visitor

Post by HawkeyeGuy »

I am a one time a month shipper so I will be interested to see how they compare to DHL. I have had shipments arrive on the Thursday after the last new comic day of the month and I have had the following Tuesday. Monday was my most common day but I was always excited when it was a Friday

My shipments would sometimes crawl through the Kansas City sorting facility on the way to Des Moines.

I will update this thread once I get some DCBS shipments from UPS.

Kevin
HawkeyeGuy
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

BobBretall wrote:I got my first notice from UPS today also.

Their estimated delivery date is next Monday. For 2 years, the DHL estimated delivery date has always been Tuesday, with my books arriving on Monday every now & again, but mostly on Tuesday.

If they live up to their estimate, then I'm thinking I'll be getting my books a day earlier from now on!
My books did not show up today, when I checked, the delivery date was "rescheduled" to tomorrow.

So, looks like I'll get the books on Tuesday from UPS same as I did from DHL.
Wood
Special Reviewer

Post by Wood »

I'm VERY disappointed. DHL got me my books on Friday every shipment, yet UPS has my first delivery scheduled for Monday. VERY disappointing.
HassanT
Master Reviewer

Post by HassanT »

Wood wrote:I'm VERY disappointed. DHL got me my books on Friday every shipment, yet UPS has my first delivery scheduled for Monday. VERY disappointing.
Is this week you are referring to? or last week's shipment? If it is this week, it is because of Thanksgiving. I got my first two UPS shipments on Friday (same as I did with DHL). This week, the estimated delivery date is Monday, probably because of Thanksgiving (same as DHL).
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

My first UPS shipment arrived the same day as my DHL shipments did -- Monday.