Previews Spotlight #114 (Apr->Jun) Deadline: Sat AM, Apr 8

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Perseus
Reviewer

Re: Previews Spotlight #114 (Apr->Jun) Deadline: Sat AM, Apr

Post by Perseus »

My picks are:

1. Legion of Super Heroes / Bugs Bunny #1 (DC)
2. Surfside Girls Vol. 1 (IDW/Top Shelf)
3. Generation Witch vol. 1 (Seven Seas)
4. Dreamin Sun vol 2 (Seven Seas)
5. Flying Witch vol 2 (Vertical)
6. Golden Kamuy vol 1 (Viz)
SupermanFan
Reviewer

Post by SupermanFan »

Dark Horse Comics:
Rebels: These Free And Independent States #4/8
Black Hammer #10

DC Comics:
Action Comics #'s 981 & 982
Superman #'s 24 & 25

Vertigo/DC:
Astro City #45
Image Comics:
Invincible #137
Asgard Press:
Vintage DC Comics Superman 2018 12-Month Wall Calendar
victorvondoom
Reviewer

Post by victorvondoom »

Submitting clips for
1. Scooby-Doo Where Are You #82 DC page 126
2. Nick Fury #3 Marvel page 55
3. The Punisher #13 Marvel page 61
4. Cable #2 Marvel page 81
5. Legendlore The Realm Chronicles Vol.1 Caliber Comics page 317

-Jerry
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

bralinator wrote:It's one of my picks, but I think this means that Archie Comics is putting out the best Spider-Man comic for the month of June 2017. The solicit from Archie Comics reads:
MARVEL COMICS DIGEST #1 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
(W) Stan Lee, Len Wein (A) Steve Ditko, Ross Andru (CA) Mike Wieringo, Karl Kesel
Excelsior! Marvel Comics’ best-selling heroes are now in the ever-popular digest format! Each digest is a mixture of over 200 pages of the most memorable classic and modern stories, spanning every decade of Marvel history and readership. This first issue spotlights the Amazing Spider-Man, featuring art and stories from comic greats including Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, Len Wein, Ross Andru and more. This is a can’t-miss collector’s item that will not be reprinted! (STL045275)
Digest, 224pgs, FC SRP: $6.99
This is a smart move for Marvel. Getting these classic stories in front of impulse shoppers at big box stores and newsstands is smart and aggressive, and using the infrastructure established by Archie Comics is brilliant.
Dear Bralinator,

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this one. This reminds me of those pockets size Marvel books (from the late 70's) or DC's Blue Ribbon Digest (from the 80's)

Aloha
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

MrAloha wrote:Dear Bralinator,

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about this one. This reminds me of those pockets size Marvel books (from the late 70's) or DC's Blue Ribbon Digest (from the 80's)

Aloha
Thanks, Jason! I was stuck in NYC an extra day of filming this week and got in late Thursday night. So I barely had time to record and I did it first thing Friday morning with a bit of fog on my brain. I don't think my contributions will be very enlightening or fun this go-around, but your mileage may vary. I hope that doesn't diminish anyone's enthusiasm for these digests because I agree, they sound like a lot of fun and I plan to pick up more than one.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Another good episode. John, thanks for the heads-up on 'America' #4 being available through American Mythology. I have added that to my order. Enjoyed everyone's clips immensely. Great job everyone! Nice work Jason :)
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

bralinator wrote:Another good episode. John, thanks for the heads-up on 'America' #4 being available through American Mythology. I have added that to my order. Enjoyed everyone's clips immensely. Great job everyone! Nice work Jason :)

Dear Bralinator,

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm half way through the episode.

Jason
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

Dear Gang,

CORRECTION!

I'm sorry guys, I said the wrong Flintstone issue number. (That's embarrassing.)
I just heard the clip and realized the mistake.
I meant to say "Flintstones #12."

I double check my clips to make sure I got, at least, the right info. I must have tuned out when I double checked that clip. (Ha. Ha.)

Again, I'm sorry about that.

Jason