DC Price Increases and Digital Codes

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

doctormo
Reviewer

DC Price Increases and Digital Codes

Post by doctormo »

It appears that DC titles that are NOT twice-monthly will increase from $2.99 to $3.99 starting in April. This includes titles such as Batwoman and Super Sons which will be starting shortly. Also, DC has returned to the digital codes arena. The $3.99 titles (plus All Star Batman) will start to include a code for a digital copy. I remember DC trying something similar at the start of the New 52.

Full details are available here - http://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-raises-pri ... tal-codes/
MisterFerro
Contributor

Re: DC Price Increases and Digital Codes

Post by MisterFerro »

All Star Bat is staying @ $4.99, not decreasing to $3.99 for those wondering.

DC did have a digital code package on select books in late 2011- early 2012 but they were $1 more. IE You could buy Justice League for the regular $3.99* price or you could buy a $4.99 copy that came with a digital code.

* I used the example from when DC upped the prices on several books from $2.99 to $3.99, I don't know if the digital copy started in Sept 2011 or when they upped the price.

That wasn't popular considering Marvel at the time or a little bit later introduced their now abandoned $3.99 + code comics.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

MisterFerro wrote:All Star Bat is staying @ $4.99, not decreasing to $3.99 for those wondering.

DC did have a digital code package on select books in late 2011- early 2012 but they were $1 more. IE You could buy Justice League for the regular $3.99* price or you could buy a $4.99 copy that came with a digital code.

* I used the example from when DC upped the prices on several books from $2.99 to $3.99, I don't know if the digital copy started in Sept 2011 or when they upped the price.

That wasn't popular considering Marvel at the time or a little bit later introduced their now abandoned $3.99 + code comics.

Marvel dropping codes! DC adding them! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
MisterFerro
Contributor

Post by MisterFerro »

DC has heard digital only folks and have spoken!!!

Digital prices will NOT increase, all monthlies staying same price!!
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

MisterFerro wrote:DC has heard digital only folks and have spoken!!!

Digital prices will NOT increase, all monthlies staying same price!!
Now more than ever it would be great to get digital sales figures.
bralinator
Special Reviewer

Post by bralinator »

Cynical Prediction? Never.Going.To.Happen.