I liked the Civil War 2

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

tehkeizer
Contributor

I liked the Civil War 2

Post by tehkeizer »

Lets talk about the ending though.

Ulysses - It makes sense.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
So Ulysses' powers let him see into a bunch of possible futures, and it became stronger and stronger and he was able to see more and more. So if it continued to ramp up, he would be able to see all possible realities.
Cosmic beings came to him and took him into their ranks. Pretty weird, right? Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Hasn't the Watcher been killed? Isnt there a void in the cosmic pantheon with him gone? Ulysses will be the new watcher! maybe i'm completely off base, but it seems like a natural fit to me.
tehkeizer
Contributor

Re: I liked the Civil War 2

Post by tehkeizer »

also, Ulysses vision of Cap and Spidey that never came true. ideas...
It hasn't come true, YET. I think it could fit in very well when they wrap up the Cap is Hydra story line. Ulysses vision showed the place as well as the who, but didn't set a when.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

or more likely
it will never be mentioned again and totally forgotten by everyone
i do agree - CW2 was a good comic - just overpriced and overdelayed - but as a collection will be fine
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

The part that doesn't make sense to me is:
Why did Ulysses powers keep growing? What made him special like that? None of the other new Inhumans have powers spirally out of control like that.

Ulysses becoming a Watcher wouldn't have made sense either since Utau wasn't the only Watcher. There are others. Presumably one or more of them is watching Earth since it is a place of cosmic significance. After all, if one human could evolve in the span of a few weeks into a cosmic entity why couldn't others?
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
tehkeizer
Contributor

Post by tehkeizer »

I guess Nick Fury is already the watcher anyhow.

that happened before i came back to comics. i almost picked up original sin in trades yesterday too...