In December 2016, what is your current favorite title?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

tehkeizer
Contributor

In December 2016, what is your current favorite title?

Post by tehkeizer »

There is so much good stuff out there right now. What is your absolute favorite?

I've been going back and forth on this for a while now but i think i know what is mine.

Thunderbolts. i look forward to it every time it comes out. So good. Has its own story, yet it has ties to a lot of other stuff going around. I think its a great mix of being its own thing and still being a part of the extended universe.
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: In December 2016, what is your current favorite title?

Post by drew »

tehkeizer wrote:There is so much good stuff out there right now. What is your absolute favorite?

I've been going back and forth on this for a while now but i think i know what is mine.

Thunderbolts. i look forward to it every time it comes out. So good. Has its own story, yet it has ties to a lot of other stuff going around. I think its a great mix of being its own thing and still being a part of the extended universe.

JUST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so tough, hmmmm:

Still Walking Dead....
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
erickowabunga
Reviewer

Post by erickowabunga »

This is very tough ... So it has to be which item goes to the top of the stack each time. If that is the case, it has to be Black Monday Murders for me. I don't know why, but I am just loving this book. I love the depth of the story, and the constant unknown of the character language. I think the pacing is good, and I don't mind the oversized issues.

Honorable Mention:
Revival
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Kill or be Killed
Spiderman/Deadpool (Kelly/McGuinness only)
tehkeizer
Contributor

Post by tehkeizer »

drew wrote: Still Walking Dead....
after how many issues? amazing. especially in this day and age.
victorvondoom
Reviewer

Post by victorvondoom »

My current favorite title is probably Titans.
If I could only read one title I would say Walking Dead.
That's a toughie.

-Jerry
victorvondoom
Reviewer

Post by victorvondoom »

tehkeizer wrote:There is so much good stuff out there right now. What is your absolute favorite?

I like Thunderbolts a lot also. It's just a fun little series that flies under the radar that I enjoy month to month. Probably not going to win any awards, just a throwback team book that has been solid from issue to issue.
NDHorse
Contributor

Post by NDHorse »

I have been loving Brian Wood's new Aliens series, Aliens: Defiance. It is set between Alien and Aliens and tells the story of one person's (and a synthetics) struggle to stop Weyland-Yutani from getting their hands on some xenomorphs. The mood is great and Tristan Jone's artwork is great. I always pick up the Aliens series and this is the best it's been in years.
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

compsolut wrote:This is very tough ... So it has to be which item goes to the top of the stack each time. If that is the case, it has to be Black Monday Murders for me. I don't know why, but I am just loving this book. I love the depth of the story, and the constant unknown of the character language. I think the pacing is good, and I don't mind the oversized issues.
I can't argue against Hickman; the way he interjects non-comic related information, like the redacted documents, into the story is masterful.

But for me personally, it's Superman. Tomasi, Gleason, Jimenez, & Mahnke are delivering Superman stories that we all missed in the N52. The addition of the new Superboy, Jonathon Kent, and his relationship with Clark is touching.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

tehkeizer wrote:
drew wrote: Still Walking Dead....
after how many issues? amazing. especially in this day and age.
Yep - It was my gateway drug back to comics and it's still my top o' the stack
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
doctormo
Reviewer

Post by doctormo »

Prior to DC Rebirth, my favorite title was The Wicked + The Divine. Post-Rebirth, I am really enjoying Wonder Woman and Superwoman.
victorvondoom
Reviewer

Post by victorvondoom »

NDHorse wrote:I have been loving Brian Wood's new Aliens series, Aliens: Defiance. It is set between Alien and Aliens and tells the story of one person's (and a synthetics) struggle to stop Weyland-Yutani from getting their hands on some xenomorphs. The mood is great and Tristan Jone's artwork is great. I always pick up the Aliens series and this is the best it's been in years.
This is a good book. I dropped it a couple issues ago but didn't really want to. Now you have me second guessing my decision.
MichaelCastle
Contributor

Post by MichaelCastle »

That is very very tough. I would probably say it's still Walking Dead for me with Southern (bleeps) a close second.