State of Avengers?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

drew
Master Reviewer

Re: State of Avengers?

Post by drew »

my LCS only had standard cover (no surprise), did anyone get their home state or another?
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
victorvondoom
Reviewer

Post by victorvondoom »

drew wrote:my LCS only had standard cover (no surprise), did anyone get their home state or another?
My local store had a huge stack of the standard covers and a few of the home state cover. They had those priced at $8.99.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

victorvondoom wrote:
drew wrote:my LCS only had standard cover (no surprise), did anyone get their home state or another?
My local store had a huge stack of the standard covers and a few of the home state cover. They had those priced at $8.99.
Ouch
victorvondoom
Reviewer

Post by victorvondoom »

drew wrote:
victorvondoom wrote:
Ouch
I don't feel like I missed out by getting the standard cover, which actually looks nicer anyway. Interesting way to boost sales on what should just be the next issue of New Avengers. The creative team didn't even change.
I guess in reality they got me with this shenanigan because I had dropped New Avengers and yet bought this number one. It was a decent book, as was New Avengers, but is there room on the pull list for this title in this incredibly crowded market? If you make room for this, something else may have to go, then they will restart the title you dropped later this year and you can drop US Avengers and go back to that one. It's hard to have loyalty to a title these days.
But I'm old so my demographic doesn't count anyway.
Obviously first world problems so it's not a big deal in the reality of life. Darn old comic books.

-Jerry
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

victorvondoom wrote: But I'm old so my demographic doesn't count anyway.
Obviously first world problems so it's not a big deal in the reality of life. Darn old comic books
who was it who said we just make comics for 45 year olds? let me google that...
“Batman did pretty well, so I sat down with the head of DC Comics. I really wanted to do Kamandi [The Last Boy on Earth], this Jack Kirby character. I had this great pitch … and he said, ‘You think this is gonna be for kids? Stop, stop. We don’t publish comics for kids. We publish comics for 45-year-olds. If you want to do comics for kids, you can do Scooby-Doo. And I thought, ‘I guess we just broke up.'”

— Paul Pope, relating his attempt to pitch an all-ages (or perhaps young-adult) title to DC Comics, during his Comic-Con International conversation with Gene Luen Yang.
so we are finally the most important demo - woohoo