Record breaking amount of content this week?

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Record breaking amount of content this week?

Post by JohnMayo »

This weeks almost certainly is a new high water mark for the amount of content that we have released in a single week. We have over 4 1/2 hours of audio content between the Weekly Comics Spotlight #190, Previews Spotlight #042: 2011-04 and Previews Spotlight interviews #042: 2011-04 episodes.

In addition to that staggering amount of audio content, we have near 90 minutes of videocast material being released on the website. This is an initial test to see how much work a screencast would be. This tutorial/review of Adding Pre-Ordered Comics into Comic Collector 5.0 Pro was kind of an impromptu experiment that worked well enough to warrant being posted. (Or maybe it didn't and I'll take it down later...)

That makes a total of over six hours of content this week. :shock:

Don't worry, we have zero plans to switch over to video as getting the audio editing done each weekend is more than enough to keep me busy. but given the inherently visual nature of the sales charts, I've been wanting to play around with screencasting for a while.

I'm going to get a little sleep before the March 2011 sales information gets released tomorrow and that workload begins...
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
comicman66
Visitor

Comic Collector 5 Upgrade?

Post by comicman66 »

John how to you like Comic Collector 5? I'm still using 4.7, is it worth the upgrade? thanks
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Comic Collector 5 Upgrade?

Post by JohnMayo »

comicman66 wrote:John how to you like Comic Collector 5? I'm still using 4.7, is it worth the upgrade? thanks
I currently have a bit of a love/hate relationship wit hit and the people behind it. It is a professional piece of software for comic collectors developed by non-comic collectors. It come close enough to hitting the mark for what I need that I'd like to cut over to it but far enough from it that I'm not sure I can.

I don't know what it in v5 that wasn't n v4.7 other than the barcode scanning. I've just recorded the process of scanning in the shipment I just got from DCBS and I'm about to record another screencast to have Comic Collector 5.0 Pro process that information.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive