Cool trivia quiz.....Characters in 1000+ comics

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Cool trivia quiz.....Characters in 1000+ comics

Post by BobBretall »

Here's a good one....neat site, and this quiz it so name as many as you can of the 81 characters who have been in 1000+ comics in 10 minutes:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Detektor/c ... characters

Note: You need to click the link that says "See the most missed" after you finish to see the percentage of how many people got each one right/wrong.
Last edited by BobBretall on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

I got 76......

I think what helped was going through various groups and trying to name them all before I moved on. Started in DC, went down some team rosters, moved to Marvel did the same. Thought of oldest comics out there, etc.

I'd put some more details, but the CBP forum does not current support spoiler tags & I don't want to give away all the answers.

I was in the 99th percentile. Only 0.1% of the 53,275 got in the 71-75 range. Statistically 0% at 76 or above, so my 76 puts me pretty high on the totem pole for this quiz.

Give it a shot!
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

I got 53. Where did you find the percentages?
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Trev wrote:I got 53. Where did you find the percentages?
You need to click the link that says "See the most missed" after you finish to see the percentage of how many people got each one right/wrong.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

BobBretall wrote:
Trev wrote:I got 53. Where did you find the percentages?
You need to click the link that says "See the most missed" after you finish to see the percentage of how many people got each one right/wrong.
Cool. 98th Percentile. Not bad.
killyrcomics
Visitor

Post by killyrcomics »

I got 42.
Webhead
Reviewer

Post by Webhead »

44 right

95%

I forgot all about the non Marvel DC characters.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Webhead wrote:44 right

95%

I forgot all about the non Marvel DC characters.
Me too, until I got most of the marvel/DC in the first 4 minutes and found myself staring at a LOT of blanks in the top 20. That led me to "crack the code"
spid
Special Reviewer

Post by spid »

I got 65 I did not hit upon some of the non big two, but I did not think of the obvious icons until about 2 minutes left. I cleaned out most of one companies lineup but totally forgot some others. I also missed some obvious supporting characters. That was a great quiz.

I am kicking myself from missing two members of some big teams I was listing off. I even thought of one, but forgot to write him down.