Previews Spotlight #030 (Apr->Jun): Fri Apr 9th: 5pm pac

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Previews Spotlight #030 (Apr->Jun): Fri Apr 9th: 5pm pac

Post by BobBretall »

The new Previews should hit the stands on Wed Mar 31st, this means we'll do the Previews call on Friday Apr 9th at 5pm Pacific / 6pm Mountain / 7pm Central / 8pm Eastern.

As always, get on Skype around the start time (or join any time after, the call can run 4 hours of rousing comics chat) and look for thejohnmayo message him to get joined into the call.

Submissions for the Previews Spotlight #030 show should be in by the end of Friday Apr 9th

Of course you can start sending in submissions as soon as you have them done. Sending them in early is appreciated as it give us more time to organize the clips and plan out the episode.

Remember: We encourage anyone to send in a short audio clip where they can talk about any book that's coming out in the upcoming Previews that they are really excited about. The email address to send the clips to is TheGuys@ComicBookPage.com. (Some people were only send them to either just John or just Bob and we both need to get them to prepare to recording the episode. By using TheGuys email address, the email goes to both Bob and John.)

PLEASE: Each featured item should be in a separate audio file.

We would also appreciate it if you put the page number followed by the full name of the item in the filename. If you don't know the page number, that is fine. Just leave it off. But having the full name of the item the clip is for makes it much easier for us to organize the files and prepare for recording the episode.
Tips on how to record a clip can be found here.

Call dibs on reviewing any particular comic on this thread.

Dark Horse (Comic Book Resources)

DC Comics (Newsarama)

IDW Comics (Newsarama)

Image Comics (Newsarama)

Marvel Comics (Newsarama)

--------------------------------------------

Bongo (Comics Continuum)

Dynamite (Comics Continuum)

Oni (Comics Continuum)

Viper (Comics Continuum)
Last edited by BobBretall on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

Gonna try and make it, but we've got 2 Dr appt's and a house to close on that day, plus hopefully my wife's bday dinner if we can get a sitter.

If the dinner moves out, then I'll probably be on.
HawkeyeGuy
Visitor

Post by HawkeyeGuy »

I plan on putting together an audio clip for the following for the Previews Spotlight show:

Hawkeye and Mockingbird
Green Arrow

Who would have thought I would pick Hawkeye and Mockingbird with my nick???
yensid4disney
Contributor

Post by yensid4disney »

HawkeyeGuy wrote:Who would have thought I would pick Hawkeye and Mockingbird with my nick???
Big surprise to us :wink:

I'd like to submit for the following:

Usagi Yojimbo vol 8
Serenity Fallout
Superman vs. Mohammed Ali Deluxe HC

If anyone else wanted one of those, please let me know, as there are a number of things I could've reveiwed this month and would have no problem switching to something else this month.
killyrcomics
Visitor

Post by killyrcomics »

I was going to try to submit 3 things this month:

Creature Tech OGN from Image on page 183

Stardrop Volume 1 GN from I Box Publishing on page 294

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Volume 1 GN on page 310

Let me know if anyone else would like to talk about these because I can always pick something different.
HassanT
Master Reviewer

Post by HassanT »

Bob and John,

I would like to recommend the following. Let me know if these comics were already on your list and I could recommend some other comics.

Batman #700
Adventure Comics #12
Superman: Secret Origin Deluxe Edition HC
Mindfield #1 (Aspen Comics) - First time I ever will pick up an Aspen comics in years.
Avengers Academy #1
Lord Shaper
Special Reviewer

Post by Lord Shaper »

I'll be doing:

Green Lantern 55
Batman Beyond 1
Fallen Angel Omnibus
Freak Angels Vol 4
After Dark 0
jmcampbell
Passerby

Post by jmcampbell »

I'll try and do Young Allies from Marvel, and Darkwing Duck from Boom! Studios And maybe one more, if I can fit it in.