"That old comic smell..."

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

afroloq
Contributor

"That old comic smell..."

Post by afroloq »

I am listening to the roundtable that we just did a few nights ago...and remember whne this comment came up...but....what do you think comics from NOW will smell like in about 20 years...or will they have a smell at all...?

Thoughts?

LOL
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: "That old comic smell..."

Post by JohnMayo »

afroloq wrote:I am listening to the roundtable that we just did a few nights ago...and remember whne this comment came up...but....what do you think comics from NOW will smell like in about 20 years...or will they have a smell at all...?

Thoughts?

LOL
Well, there are a couple of comics that stink now. I can't imagine they will get better with age...

Oh, wait, you were talking about the aroma of the comics... Nevermind... :wink:
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
Squire
Visitor

Post by Squire »

AVATAR books have a particularly strong smell. I can’t imagine what they’ll smell like in 20 years.
comicm
Master Reviewer

Post by comicm »

I love the smell of old comics.
www.geekbrunchpodcast.com - Geek Brunch
www.dcnoisepodcast.com (both available on iTunes via the iTunes store.)
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

A whole different take on "comic smells" over on the Comics Buyer's Guide forums:
http://www.cbgxtra.com/default.aspx?tab ... stid=48322

Taking into account smokers, mold & mildew ;(

ewwww......
Dr Zen
Passerby

Post by Dr Zen »

I don't think today's comics will smell the same as the old ones do now. They use slicker paper now and not the old newsprint so they won't have that 'pulpy' smell.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Dr Zen wrote:I don't think today's comics will smell the same as the old ones do now. They use slicker paper now and not the old newsprint so they won't have that 'pulpy' smell.
True!

But, will we one day start seeing the "smell" variant of a comic where they mix mint oil in with the paper or ink so the comic has an aroma of mint?

A new meaning to Mint comics!!!
Dr Zen
Passerby

Post by Dr Zen »

JLAFan wrote:
Dr Zen wrote:I don't think today's comics will smell the same as the old ones do now. They use slicker paper now and not the old newsprint so they won't have that 'pulpy' smell.
True!

But, will we one day start seeing the "smell" variant of a comic where they mix mint oil in with the paper or ink so the comic has an aroma of mint?

A new meaning to Mint comics!!!
Sorta like scratch n sniff?