Old Guard

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Batman404
Passerby

Old Guard

Post by Batman404 »

After reading the solicit for Old Guard #1 I thought it sounded interesting so I bought it. Two thirds the way through it was pretty good but the ending disappointed me. I thought that what happened at the end shouldn't have happened until issue 25. I wanted to see what the team was all about for a few story arcs, maybe even adding a new member, before the eventual twist that happened here in issue 1. Now i'm not so interested because they've seemingly jumped the shark before they even warmed up the boat. I'll give it another issue or two but if it gets too predictable i'm out. Anybody else a little disappointed?
MichaelCastle
Contributor

Re: Old Guard

Post by MichaelCastle »

I actually think it was a pretty good setup I mean you knew this mission was not what they thought it was going to be and I like that they've essentially been made by someone so they will have to do their bidding from now or face getting exposed as immortals. That being said I just have too many things on my pull list right now and I will buy the first trade from DCBS for $5 to see if the first arc is good