Archie Comics Signs Development Deal with Warner Bros. TV

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

MisterFerro
Contributor

Archie Comics Signs Development Deal with Warner Bros. TV

Post by MisterFerro »

Everything's coming up Archie.

In the wake of the launch of Riverdale on the CW, Archie Comics has signed an exclusive deal with Warner Bros. Television to develop more of the publisher's properties for television and original content.

As Archie CEO Jon Goldwater tells The Hollywood Reporter, the deal extends beyond the traditional Riverdale crew of Archie, Betty and Veronica as seen in the current CW series. It could include lesser-known properties including "America's Queen of Pin-Ups and Fashions" Katy Keene, as well as the superheroes of the company's Dark Circle imprint.

Coinciding with news of the Warner Bros. deal, Archie revealed that Mark Waid, the writer of flagship comic book series Archie, will be expanding his relationship with the company later this year by signing up to co-write a number of series, as well as mentoring upcoming writers, with the overall aim of growing the current stable of talent at the company.
Perseus
Reviewer

Re: Archie Comics Signs Development Deal with Warner Bros. T

Post by Perseus »

Good news for Archie Comics. I am loving Riverdale right now.
MisterFerro
Contributor

Post by MisterFerro »

I watched the first episode and I thought it was meh. But if this means a potential Sabrina t.v. series then I will be down!!
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

MisterFerro wrote:I watched the first episode and I thought it was meh. But if this means a potential Sabrina t.v. series then I will be down!!
I can't wait to see her appear on Riverdale. But, yes, I'd be down for more Archie comics on tv. Let Berlanti keep doing more shows.
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

Perseus wrote:Good news for Archie Comics. I am loving Riverdale right now.
me too - great mystery, characters and veronica is SMOKIN'
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
Perseus
Reviewer

Post by Perseus »

drew wrote:
Perseus wrote:Good news for Archie Comics. I am loving Riverdale right now.
me too - great mystery, characters and veronica is SMOKIN'

Cole Sprouse (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody) is so awesome as Jughead. Kevin Keller is hilarious!