Firefly Cargo Crate

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

KayK
Passerby

Firefly Cargo Crate

Post by KayK »

I was going to put this under the subscription boxlight thread ... but decided to start a new thread... what with this being my first post ever and all. ;)

I was contacted by one of the awesome folks from Quantum Mechanix and asked to share this with the listeners... and figured I'd go for it.

Loot Crate and Quantum Mechanix (QMx) shared this awesome giveaway.

Sign up for the Firefly Cargo Crate, the bimonthly subscription service that delivers the shiniest gear in The Verse, by 9:00 p.m. PT, Sunday, January 15, 2017, and you're automatically eligible to win one of six prize giveaways: one hard-to-find Kaylee Mini Master(!!!), two Jayne Bear Plushes, and three Mini Serenity Plushes. Winners will be randomly selected and notified on Friday, January 20, 2017.

Use coupon code: QMX10 and get 10% off your subscription: https://www.lootcrate.com/subscription-crates/firefly

Please note: If you're an active Firefly Cargo Crate subscriber, new or existing, then you may be a winner!

Share this with all of your friends in the verse! Can't stop the signal, Browncoats!
drew
Master Reviewer

Re: Firefly Cargo Crate

Post by drew »

KayK wrote:I was going to put this under the subscription boxlight thread ... but decided to start a new thread... what with this being my first post ever and all. ;)

I was contacted by one of the awesome folks from Quantum Mechanix and asked to share this with the listeners... and figured I'd go for it.

Loot Crate and Quantum Mechanix (QMx) shared this awesome giveaway.

Sign up for the Firefly Cargo Crate, the bimonthly subscription service that delivers the shiniest gear in The Verse, by 9:00 p.m. PT, Sunday, January 15, 2017, and you're automatically eligible to win one of six prize giveaways: one hard-to-find Kaylee Mini Master(!!!), two Jayne Bear Plushes, and three Mini Serenity Plushes. Winners will be randomly selected and notified on Friday, January 20, 2017.

Use coupon code: QMX10 and get 10% off your subscription: https://www.lootcrate.com/subscription-crates/firefly

Please note: If you're an active Firefly Cargo Crate subscriber, new or existing, then you may be a winner!

Share this with all of your friends in the verse! Can't stop the signal, Browncoats!
these firefly boxes seem to be the most well reviewed boxes of the bunch - i didnt expect that - was that a surprise to you?
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)
KayK
Passerby

Post by KayK »

Quantum Mechanix being one of the "powers" behind the Firefly Crate is part of why I wanted us to get it... and part of why I think we are enjoying it so much. They're booth has been one of my favorites to window shop at during conventions for YEARS. So, in that respect, I'm not surprised how much we are enjoying their crates... I'm actually a bit more surprised at the "variety" of items in their boxes. The flask for instance, and the bear, were not thinks I immediately think of when I think Qmx.

I think the figures first and foremost. And then art -- travel posters, currency replicas, T-shirts, that kind of thing. So I've been really happy with how well they've captured the characters in these boxes, down to little things like the postcard that felt like more than just a postcard because of the thought they put into it.

I think the flip side of this coin is that the Funko powered boxes have been SO Funko heavy, and neither John nor I are Funko collectors... so the lack of diversity in items in those boxes became a bit of a bummer to me... they are cute... but...

That a coherent answer? ;)
drew
Master Reviewer

Post by drew »

KayK wrote:Quantum Mechanix being one of the "powers" behind the Firefly Crate is part of why I wanted us to get it... and part of why I think we are enjoying it so much. They're booth has been one of my favorites to window shop at during conventions for YEARS. So, in that respect, I'm not surprised how much we are enjoying their crates... I'm actually a bit more surprised at the "variety" of items in their boxes. The flask for instance, and the bear, were not thinks I immediately think of when I think Qmx.

I think the figures first and foremost. And then art -- travel posters, currency replicas, T-shirts, that kind of thing. So I've been really happy with how well they've captured the characters in these boxes, down to little things like the postcard that felt like more than just a postcard because of the thought they put into it.

I think the flip side of this coin is that the Funko powered boxes have been SO Funko heavy, and neither John nor I are Funko collectors... so the lack of diversity in items in those boxes became a bit of a bummer to me... they are cute... but...

That a coherent answer? ;)
yep - perfectly clear - i dont get the funko craze either
Comics For Fun and Profit(also available on iTunes and Stitcher)