Masks #2 preview

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Perry wrote:Yeah, John. You and I are 'seeing' about the same thing. I see things that bother me (lack of shading, lack of backgrounds and washed-out style), but there is certainly 'worse' art out there ... for my eyes anyway (and apparently yours).
We're saying the same thing with regards to the art, Perry.

I didn't say the art was the worst thing I'd ever seen. Yes, there is other stuff that is worse than this.

I said it was weak, which is pretty much what you described with "lack of shading, lack of backgrounds and washed-out style", to which I'd add weak drawing of faces.

Where we differ is what I'm willing to add to my pull list & what you're willing to add to yours.

I'm not willing to pay $3.99 (or $2.59 with DCBS discount) for a comic with this art. I'll happily get it from a $1 bin.
Perry
Special Reviewer

Post by Perry »

BobBretall wrote: Where we differ is what I'm willing to add to my pull list & what you're willing to add to yours.

I'm not willing to pay $3.99 (or $2.59 with DCBS discount) for a comic with this art. I'll happily get it from a $1 bin.
No, I think we are of the same ilk there. :D
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Perry wrote:
BobBretall wrote: Where we differ is what I'm willing to add to my pull list & what you're willing to add to yours.

No, I think we are of the same ilk there. :D
You're right, I should have read more carefully.

We're both unimpressed with the art & won't add the book.