Surprised by Usagi Yojimbo

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Re: Surprised by Usagi Yojimbo

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote: (it was in last month's DCBS. how long does DCBS keep their prices on upcoming books? is it all the way up to the date of release? or before then?
They will generally honor the price as long as they are able to slide the order in with Diamond. I'd say you can order it for the next several weeks, but it becomes more iffy if you wait until too close to the release date.
killyrcomics
Visitor

Post by killyrcomics »

ctowner1 wrote:
It's tempting..but $50, even if it's an amazing deal, is a bit to spend on a book you don't know if you'll like. I guess perhaps I'll try to pick some up at NYCC this week, and if I'm hooked, then try to latch onto the big HC

(it was in last month's DCBS. how long does DCBS keep their prices on upcoming books? is it all the way up to the date of release? or before then? I know I've added books to my order that I saw were coming out the following week and they let me have those at the discounted price. is that true for bigger ticket items, too?).

e
L nny
I've never tried this so take it with a grain of salt, but would it not be possible to buy the $50 hardcover, read it, and then flip it on Amazon of Ebay if you don't like it. You would probably recoup most, if not all, of your money. Probably.
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

killyrcomics wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:
It's tempting..but $50, even if it's an amazing deal, is a bit to spend on a book you don't know if you'll like. I guess perhaps I'll try to pick some up at NYCC this week, and if I'm hooked, then try to latch onto the big HC

(it was in last month's DCBS. how long does DCBS keep their prices on upcoming books? is it all the way up to the date of release? or before then? I know I've added books to my order that I saw were coming out the following week and they let me have those at the discounted price. is that true for bigger ticket items, too?).

e
L nny
I've never tried this so take it with a grain of salt, but would it not be possible to buy the $50 hardcover, read it, and then flip it on Amazon of Ebay if you don't like it. You would probably recoup most, if not all, of your money. Probably.

Excellent suggestion. Think I might just do that.

E
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!