Name the Spider-Man villains quiz......

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Name the Spider-Man villains quiz......

Post by BobBretall »

OK, I'm addicted to these damned Sporcle quizzes, so now I've created one.

Kind of tough.....give it a roll.....

Name Spider-Man villains: I have 83 on the quiz........hints are listing the villain's 1st appearance, which is in some Spider-Man comic. They are also in chronological order of when they 1st appeared, so that may help too.

Time range is Amazing Spider-Man #1 to #600

http://www.sporcle.com/games/BobBretall/SpideyVillains

Note: You need to click the link that says "See the most missed" after you finish to see the percentage of how many people got each one right/wrong.

PS: Leave a comment on Sporcle if you like the quiz!
Last edited by BobBretall on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killyrcomics
Visitor

Post by killyrcomics »

I gave it a try, but I didn't do so hot. Missed a couple of obvious ones like Scorpion and Electro.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

This was a kind of a hard-core quiz.....
Webhead
Reviewer

Post by Webhead »

Sweet I got 53 right on this quiz.

I would of gotten more but I ran out of time because I kept misspelling the villans names.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

OK, I tuned this up quite a bit. I added in as "bonus" answers a bunch of bad guys that have been suggested, but who did not have their 1st appearance in a Spider-man book.

I also moved 13 of the more obscure baddies with only a couple of appearances (or only 1) to be bonus answers as well.

I also added in variant answers (for instance, it will now take Doc Ock or Dr. Octopus for Doctor Octopus)
spid
Special Reviewer

Post by spid »

I did really badly on this one. I only got 23. I got a couple wrong because I mispelled the character names. I thought I would do better on this one.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

I only got 17. Man that is hard.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Trev wrote:I only got 17. Man that is hard.
17!!!! Dude! You need to get some Spider-Man comics. There were 17 classic bad-guys by issue #50!

That Spider-Man omnibus is SWEEEEEEET!
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

BobBretall wrote:
Trev wrote:I only got 17. Man that is hard.
17!!!! Dude! You need to get some Spider-Man comics. There were 17 classic bad-guys by issue #50!

That Spider-Man omnibus is SWEEEEEEET!
My problem is the later issues. I got most of the classic villains in the first 15 issues, but then fell down A LOT after that.

I definitely should start an ASM run, but I keep holding off while I work on Avengers, FF, and X-Men.
Webhead
Reviewer

Post by Webhead »

I got up to 54 this time, I do not think I can do better. Oh I know all the villans I just keep running out of time because of my lousy spelling errors. So I will settle for 96%.

It is a fun game Bob.

My secret to the game is just start typing all the Spidey villan I can think of, that is how I tend to get all the lesser known ones like White Dragon , Lightmaster and Mirage because they come from issues that I really liked.