Previews Spotlight #100 (Feb->Apr) Deadline: Sat AM, Feb 6

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Re: Previews Spotlight #100 (Feb->Apr) Deadline: Sat AM, Feb

Post by MrAloha »

Joe3c wrote:I didn't add Extraordinary X-Men #9, but I did order the first trade based on Jason's recommendation.
Dear Joe,

I hope you enjoy the Extraordinary X-Men trade when you get it.

I have to give my co-worker, Russell, the credit for getting me hooked on this title. I'm enjoying the series so far.

Until next month,
Aloha
MrAloha
Special Reviewer

Post by MrAloha »

Dear John,

Thank you for inviting me and other listeners to be apart of these Previews Spotlight episodes. I'm having fun posting the solicits with Bralinator every month and making the clips.

Again, thank you for all your hard working in putting all this together every month.

Thank you for the shoutout to Dragon's Lair in Hawaii.

Thank you for the shoutout to me and Bralinator about posting the solicits on the forum. As I mentioned earlier. I'm having fun with Bralinator posting them.

Until next month,
Aloha
Joe3c
Fan

Post by Joe3c »

MrAloha wrote:Dear Joe,

I hope you enjoy the Extraordinary X-Men trade when you get it.

I have to give my co-worker, Russell, the credit for getting me hooked on this title. I'm enjoying the series so far.

Until next month,
Aloha
Thanks! I actually added a lot of your Marvel picks this month. I had been eyeballing a few of them, but I often really only quickly scan DC and Marvel. Dropping words like "Viking Hulk" really grabs one's attention. I decided to start with the trade of Extraordinary X-Men since it looked like X-Men is in the middle of a crossover. I can pick up those issues later at work or in a trade I figure.
So, Thanks to you for the effort you put in every month!
Cheers!
fudd71
Master Reviewer

Post by fudd71 »

Great show everyone. I noticed somewhere in there the old teleconferences got mentioned. I enjoyed those. If John wants to do that again, I would certainly be interested.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

fudd71 wrote:Great show everyone. I noticed somewhere in there the old teleconferences got mentioned. I enjoyed those. If John wants to do that again, I would certainly be interested.
The Previews Teleconferences stopped because people stopped showing up on Skype. If people are willing to so up, I'm more than willing to start the teleconferences back up.

The trick is scheduling.

I have a standing agreement with my sister to do dinner and television on Friday nights. I'd really like to not have to cancel on her once a month for the teleconference.

The other scheduling issue is sometimes the weekends when I have to edit the Previews Spotlight and when the weekend I have to crunch the sales data and write my CBR article overlap and sometimes they are subsequent weekends. When they overlap, it tends to be a busy weekend for me. That isn't to say we can't do the teleconference on that weekend, just that if we do, I have a higher expectaion on other people showing up for it.

The calls were fun to do and often lasted for hours. I've love to get them going again but, like the Previews Spotlight which srung out of them, they require listener participation to work.
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
SpideySavestheDay
Reviewer

Post by SpideySavestheDay »

JohnMayo wrote:
fudd71 wrote:Great show everyone. I noticed somewhere in there the old teleconferences got mentioned. I enjoyed those. If John wants to do that again, I would certainly be interested.
The Previews Teleconferences stopped because people stopped showing up on Skype. If people are willing to so up, I'm more than willing to start the teleconferences back up.

The trick is scheduling.

I have a standing agreement with my sister to do dinner and television on Friday nights. I'd really like to not have to cancel on her once a month for the teleconference.

The other scheduling issue is sometimes the weekends when I have to edit the Previews Spotlight and when the weekend I have to crunch the sales data and write my CBR article overlap and sometimes they are subsequent weekends. When they overlap, it tends to be a busy weekend for me. That isn't to say we can't do the teleconference on that weekend, just that if we do, I have a higher expectaion on other people showing up for it.

The calls were fun to do and often lasted for hours. I've love to get them going again but, like the Previews Spotlight which srung out of them, they require listener participation to work.
I'm definitely interested.